Morse Notifier Pro
4.0 and up
Morse Notifier Pro will notify you of incoming calls, SMS/MMS messages and phone events (battery status, WiFi connection status etc) using CW (Morse code).
Morse Notifier Pro can also announce notifications from your favorite apps: Gmail, Facebook, Handouts, Whatsapp, Viber and Telegram. Please note that this is an experimental feature in this version and, please, report any problems and suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Morse Notifier Pro may also announce hours using a CW chime!
Morse Notifier is a great gadget for Ham Radio enthusiasts but can be very handy for people than find themselves in situations where they cannot use their hands to pick up the phone, to check a notification or to read an incoming SMS message (e.g when they are driving). Morse notifier is also ideal for visually impaired people that find it difficult to read text on their devices.
Last but not least, Morse Notifier is a great tool to motivate/assist you to learn Morse code!
The list below highlights some of the most important features of Morse Notifier:
- Incoming call, SMS and MMS notifications can be announced via Morse code using the contact name, the phone number, the last three digits of the phone number and/or any other arbitrary text before or after the contact name or the phone number.
- Incoming SMS notifications can be configured to contain the actual message body as well.
- Morse code cam be played using sound, phone vibration, or both.
- CW speed, audio tone frequency and tone volume can be customized.
- Supports Farnsworth spacing (extra spacing between characters) to make CW more readable to those just starting to learn.
- The user's ringtones and sounds are not replaced by CW. The phone rings normally using the selected ringtones and sounds on incoming calls SMS/MMS messages and notifications. Morse code is played in the background at a user-defined percentage of the foreground sound's volume.
- The notification text can also be displayed, while it is being played in a notification window. The generated Morse code (the dots and the dashes) are also displayed while they are played. This option is ideal for those trying to learn Morse code.
- All notifications can be manually muted anytime, even while they are being played by pressing the volume-down button.
- Supports (experimental) notifications from Gmail, Facebook, Hangouts, WhatsApp and Viber and Telegram.
If you like this app but you are not quite convinced yet, you can also try Morse Notifier Free. Morse Notifier Free has some restrictions compared to the pro version but it is completely free.
This app will ask for the following permissions.
- ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE, ACCESS_WIFI_STATE: Needed in order to notify you when your phone is connected/disconnected to a new network.
- MODIFY_AUDIO_SETTINGS: Needed in order to modify your phones sound output according toy your settings.
- READ_CONTACTS: Needed in order to notify you with the contact name for incoming calls and SMS/MMS messages.
- READ_PHONE_STATE: Needed in order to know when the phone is ringing and the power status.
- RECEIVE_SMS, RECEIVE MMS, RECEIVE_WAP_PUSH, READ_SMS: Needed in order to notify you with incoming SMS and MMS messages.
- VIBRATE: Needed in order to vibrate the Morse code.
- RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED: Needed in order to start automatically when your phone starts/restarts.
- SYSTEM_ALERT_WINDOW: Needed in order to display the notification window with the scrolling Morse code above all other windows.
- BIND_NOTIFICATION_LISTENER_SERVICE, REORDER_TASKS: Needed to read app notifications.
- WRITE_INTERNAL_STORAGE: Needed to save debug logs in the internal storage of your app (saved data can only be read by the app itself).